Applications will start being accepted on January 1st, 2021
The Mary Cecile Chambers Scholarship is renewable for up to four years, or until a Bachelor’s Degree is obtained, if earlier, provided that student recipients continue to satisfy the scholarship’s terms and conditions. Scholarship awards pay a minimum of $2,000 per semester (Spring and Fall semesters only) towards a student’s tuition, fees, books, supplies, and on campus housing costs, and are mailed directly to the college or university or educational institution (no refunds or monies are to be issued to the student).
BASIC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
1. Applicant must be a male student residing in the State of Texas (as such residency is defined in the Application Information, Instructions, and Terms and Conditions document that may be found in the link to the scholarship application below).
2. Applicant must be in need of financial assistance.
3. Applicant must have a grade point average of 78 (C+) or higher if currently enrolled, or have maintained a grade point average of 78 (C+) for the most recent semester of enrollment if not currently enrolled.
4. Applicant must not have a criminal record (excepting minor traffic violations).
5. Applicant (or any immediate family member, or any person in the same household) must not be an employee or director of Moody National Bank.
6. If the applicant attends college, vocational or trade school and maintains 9 or more hours each Spring and Fall semester and a 2.50 Cumulative GPA, an awarded scholarship may be renewable for a maximum of 4 years, or until a Bachelor’s degree is achieved if earlier. If GPA falls below 2.50 in a semester, the student will be in probation status. If GPA is below 2.50 for 2 consecutive semesters, or if the student does not maintain 9 or more hours in any Spring or Fall semester, any scholarship may be withdrawn at the discretion of the scholarship committee, in which case no further scholarship payments will be made. After any withdrawal of a scholarship, the student may re-apply for the scholarship during the first calendar quarter of the following year. Any re-application will also require that the student write and submit a letter (at least 200 words) explaining his grades, or his failure to maintain 9 hours, and his plan for personal improvement.
Please download and complete the application form below.
Updated MCC Application2021
If you having troubling viewing / downloading the Word document of the application, please use the PDF link below
Updated MCC Application2-converted
2021 scholarship applications will be accepted beginning January 1, 2021.
They can be scanned and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to ATTN: Claire Wilkins, Scholarship Supervisor, 1319 24th St. Galveston, TX 77550. See application for details. Your school or local library will be able to assist you with scanning your completed application to create an email-able document. Accepted file types are Doc and PDF. If you have difficulty emailing your documents, please contact Claire Wilkins, Scholarship Supervisor at 409.539.1953.
Be sure to attach your documents to the email and include your name, email address, best phone number to reach you at, student’s full name, and the student’s high school in the email message.
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT CONFIRMATION FORM
All scholarship recipients must download, complete and return the following form below.
Click Here to Open and Print the Mary Cecile Chambers Scholarship Confirmation
Scholarship Confirmation forms can be uploaded below.